Thursday, November 03, 2005

Hypocrisy and the Hypocritical Hypocrites Who Practice It

Al Franken Threatens to Sue 'Do As I Say' Author

I'ts accurate but I don't like to see it in print so I'm going to sue, BWAAAAAAAA.

Liberal radio yakker Al Franken is threatening to sue the author of a bestselling new book that alleges he doesn't practice what he preaches when it comes to affirmative action, according to the author.

Peter Schweizer, author of "Do As I Say, Not as I Do," told Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly Wednesday night:

"Before the book came out, his agent, Jonathan Lazear, called my editor at Doubleday and said they consider the material in the book to be 'legally actionable.' They then followed up with a letter demanding to know where I got all this, 'private information' on Al Franken."

In "Do As I Say," Schweizer reports that Franken has hired 112 employees over the years and only one was black - news that Franken was not pleased to see in print.

But according to Schweizer, Franken isn't denying the charge, telling O'Reilly, "They haven't questioned the validity of the information. They want to know how I got access to private information. And the interesting thing, Bill, is they've said nothing publicly. This is all done behind the scenes. He's not challenged one thing."

btw This book is #6 on Amazon.

No comments: