Monday, April 02, 2007

Pollack, HBO are deciders on 'Recount

HBO is revisiting one of the most dramatic events in U.S. election history with "Recount," a film about the 2000 turmoil in Florida to be directed by Oscar winner Sydney Pollack.

Paula Weinstein is executive producing the HBO Films project, which is targeted to premiere in spring 2008.

Written by actor Danny Strong, Spring Creek Prods.' "Recount" chronicles the weeks after the 2000 presidential election and goes behind the scenes of the recounts in Florida to explore the human drama of ordinary people caught in an extraordinary event that would decide the leadership of the country.

While "Recount" takes on one of the most controversial and politically charged episodes in recent history, the telefilm has no political agenda, Callender said.

If one is naive enough to to believe that this might actually be fair I direct you to this quote by the writer of this film Danny Strong:

"I don't think I have a greatest achievement yet. Right now I am volunteering for the John Kerry campaign, and this is the most important thing I have ever done in my life. I truly believe that George Bush and Dick Cheney are tremendous threats to not only our own security, but the world's, and that we must do everything we can to remove them from office."

Oh yea, no political agenda there.

No comments: