Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rep. Massa on Healthcare: “I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district…”

The words of a local congressman on the issue of healthcare are coming under scrutiny.

Democrat Eric Massa D (clarification added) told a group in Pennsylvania that he would vote against the interests of his constituents on healthcare reform if he believes what he's voting for would be helpful to them.

Massa has held dozens of town hall meetings, many focused on healthcare, but while in Pittsburgh this past weekend meeting with the grassroots progressive political action group Net Roots Nation, Massa answered questions about where he stands on healthcare reform versus where his constituents stand.

"I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district if I actually think what I'm doing is going to help them....I will vote against their opinion if I actually believe it will help them," Massa said.
We are a representative rebublic and Mr Massa is fully within his power to vote however he pleases. That peragotive, however, does carry with it some potentially serious consequences come election time. Hope Mr Massa is prepared to find a nice job in the private sector come that time.

No comments: