Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Credit Where Credit is Due

Our friend and the source for all the released Iraq document translations we've quoted is getting some well deserved recognition via an interview from the New York Times.

I'm trying to pick up documents that shed light on the political debate," said Joseph G. Shahda, 34, a Lebanese-born engineer who lives in a Boston suburb and is spending hours every evening on translations for the conservative Free Republic site. "I think we prematurely concluded there was no W.M.D. and no ties to Al Qaeda."

Mr. Shahda said he was proud he could help make the documents public. "I live in this great country, and it's a time of war," he said. "This is the least I can do."

Joe (jveritas) is a nice guy and a true patriot. In an E-mail he sent me last week he said this:

"I just did a little effort on my part to do the translation. Our brave troops are the ones who are doing the great efforts and sacrifice to protect us."

Amen Joe, and thanks for a job well done.

No comments: