Saturday, May 07, 2005

Study: Meanness in Girls Can Start at 3

Don't I know it.....I have twin 6 yr old boys and I can say without reservation that some of the nastier stunts that are pulled in school are instigated by the girls.

SALT LAKE CITY - Meanness in girls can start when they still are toddlers, a Brigham Young University study found. It found that girls as young as 3 or 4 will use manipulation and peer pressure to get what they want.

"It could range from leaving someone out to telling their friends not to play with someone to saying, 'I'm not going to invite you to my birthday party,'" said Craig Hart, study co-author and professor of marriage, family and human development at BYU. "Some kids are really adept at being mean and nasty."

When the boys come home with a new "word" they just learned, it invariably comes from a little angel named Ashley. She could make a longshoreman blush and I have it from informed sources that she is responsible for much of the inter class scheming that ends up getting others in trouble. A future Katie Couric in training.

No comments: