Saturday, December 16, 2006

Walmart Wises Up

Just got back from doing a bit of Christmas Shopping at Walmart and was gratified to see that the Salvation Army bellringer was again doing her thing at the front door. I gladly dropped a fin in her kettle. The SA does great work and has one of the highest percentage of dollars going to doing good as compared to "administration expenses" of any charity around.

I also noticed that the Walmart employees were noticeably going out of their way to wish me a Merry Christmas. Last year I got the gratuitous "Happy Holidays" to which I replied "I do not celebrate the holidays, I celebrate the birth of Christ (Christmas) and would prefer they save their greeting for someone who does not.

It appears that the policy making gurus finally realized that pi$$ing off 70% of the buying public to mollify the 3% of malcontents was not the soundest of business plans.

No comments: