Friday, February 25, 2005

No Swann Song Here

Former Steeler great Lynn Swann is organizing a a campaign committee for the purpose of raising funds for a run for governor in 2006.

"I'm considering running for governor of Pennsylvania," Swann told a cheering
Republican audience Thursday night in Westmoreland county near Pittsburgh, "it
was one of the reasons I accepted the invitation to come out and speak to you
this eveningn not so much for you to listen to me, but for me to hear you."
If he's half the candidate that he was wide receiver, goodbye Ed Rendel, hello governor Swann.

BTW...He didn't play at Lambert field either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is very popular in PA. I have never heard anyone say a bad word about him.

traderrob said...

Being a Bears fan, I haven't had anything to cheer about since about errrrrr... 1986, I think.