Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ted Nugent to meet with Secret Service

Talk about much ado about nothing....
Ted Nugent will meet with the Secret Service on Thursday as a result of incendiary comments he made about the president, the rocker told conservative radio host Glenn Beck.

“We actually have heard from the Secret Service and they have a duty. I support them. I salute them. And I look forward to our meeting tomorrow,” Nugent said on Wednesday, according to the Beck-founded website The Blaze. “I‘m sure we’ll have a great conversation … bottom line is, I’ve never threatened anybody’s life in my life. I’ve never threatened. I don’t waste breath threatening.”

Nugent emphasized that he has a great deal of respect for the Secret Service, and never actually advocated physical violence.

“Every reference I made, whether it’s a shot across the bow or targeting the enemy, it always ended the sentence with ‘in November at the voter booth,’” he said on the show. “I’m not trying to diminish the seriousness of this, because if the Secret Service are doing it they are serious. They are dedicated and I will be as polite and supportive as I possibly can be, which will be thoroughly.”

No comments: