Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fans throw snowballs at Notre Dame players

Having spent a good deal of my younger years in Notre Dame stadium I can certainly attest to the unforgiving nature of their fans and alumni. Back then though the teams rarely gave them cause for venting frustration, not so now. Why the hierarchy insists on hanging onto this coach who has given their fans nothing but grief since being hired is beyond me.
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) - Notre Dame football players were pelted by snowballs from fans sitting in the student section during their loss to Syracuse on Saturday.

"To throw snowballs at their own team, I didn't think that was a smart thing to do. I guess (they thought) it was funny," defensive tackle Pat Kuntz said after Syracuse upset the Irish 24-23.

South Bend was hit with about 10 inches of snow Friday. While the field had been cleared before the game, there was still snow along the fringes and in some areas of the stands.

No comments: