Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Bush: 'I take responsibility'

This is our Commander and Chief, and the President of the United States. A leader who does not shrink from reponsibility but rather embraces it as an opportunity for improvement. The American people should applaud this attitude, I know I do.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush took responsibility on Tuesday for failures in the federal government's response to Hurricane Katrina.

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government, and to the extent that the federal government didn't fully do it's job right, I take responsibility," Bush said. "I want to know what went right and what went wrong."

He pulled "The buck stops here placard" from the desk drawer in which it had resided during the entire Clinton presidency. It will come out in due time that he actually has very little to worry about. Nagin and Blanco, that's another story.

No comments: