CNN's Opinion Research surveyors were hard at work over the weekend during the final hours of the successful push to win House approval of the Senate version of Obamacare. The results of the CNN/OR survey are out and they point to the most vivid reality of the Obamacare victory - 219 House Democrats were willing to flout the clear majority of Americans on this issue.
Here are the major initial points of interest in the CNN/OR results:
· 59% oppose the Democrats’ health care bill, while only 39% favor it.
· 70% say the federal budget deficit will go up under the Democrats’ health care bill; only 12% believe it will go down.
· 56% say the bill creates “too much government involvement in the nation's health care system,” 28% say about the right amount, while 16% say not enough.
· 62% say they'll pay more for medical care under the Democrats’ health care bill.
· 47% say they and their families will be worse off under the Democrats’ health care bill; 33% say things will be about the same, and only 19% think they’ll be better off.
Monday, March 22, 2010
The price we pay for being a Republic as opposed to a straight Democracy. Had it been the latter, Obamacare would have never passed. That being said, a democratically elected representative republic is still the best system yet devised on this earth. If we as citizens are pi$$ed off enough we can kick the ba$tards out in a short 7 months and I happen to believe that our memory is barely long enough to do just that. Pandora's box has been opened, but unlike it's mythological Greek counterpart, this one can be closed, and with extreme prejudice.
Posted by traderrob at 1:06 PM