Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Republican Debate: IOWA

Thompson and Hunter had the gloves off, Huckabee lectured (Jeez I can't stand that man) Guiliani was pretty good throughout, Romney steady and smooth as usual, McCain completely uninspring.

From the NRO "Thompson came to the debate in Des Moines today to do two things: Kick butt and chew gum. And it appears he's all out of gum.

Fred Thompson absolutely won this debate. I know, I know I'm biased. Maybe so, but I've got my fair and balanced cap on and it was obvious even to some of my blog comrades who are not supporting Fred.

Here's how I rank it:

1. Thompson
2. Romney
3. Hunter
4. Guiliani
5. Huckabee
6. McCain
7. etc. who cares

In all fairness Romney really did very well and arguably was just as strong as Thompson.

Update:
NRO agrees with me as does Redstate. The Weekly Standard concurs.

Concerning Luntz's "focus group"..."The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

No comments: